Tanzania Medical Outreach

Tanzania has one of the poorest economies in world, and is classified as a low income country by the World Bank.  According to a study conducted by the World Health Organization, more than 70% of the country’s population earns less than two dollars per day, and the other 30% earns less than one dollar per day, which makes it difficult or even impossible for Tanzanians to purchase medicine or acquire medical services when needed. With the country’s limited medical facilities and medicines, patients that require major treatment have to go to neighboring countries like Nairobi in Kenya and South Africa where more advanced medical care is available (U.S. Department of State).

Responding to an invitation from a Bishop in Tanzania, Hidden With Christ Ministry, an international Christian ministry that spreads the love and the word of God by aiding global communities, aims to build a medical clinic in rural Maasai area.  The people in this area live in mud huts, with no access to electricity, running water, or medical care.

Through the partnership with Giving Children Hope, the four day medical outreach conducted in early August in the Maasai Village of Esilalei was a success.  Giving Children Hope provided the team from Hidden With Christ Ministry with medical supplies and medications.  Below are some pictures from the trip.

[slickr-flickr tag=”Tanzania2012″ items=”6″ type=”gallery”]

Leave your comment